The DeKalb County School System is currently on probation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, our regional accrediting agency. The SACS report is HERE. The foundation of the probation status is school board governance, NOT school achievement.
Dunwoody Parents Concerned About Quality Education is currently gathering information about the following options.
- Seek dual accreditation by Georgia Accrediting Commission (GAC)>>
- Maintain status quo and network with DeKalb School Board and Superintendent to improve education quality in our community.
- Form a Conversion Charter Cluster>>
- Advocate for individual clusters to have independent budget responsibility (based on per capita student funding), with the County responsible for auditing expenditures.
- Form a City of Dunwoody School System (Click on the Legislation tab above).
Next steps include establishing working committees to assess costs, facilities, curriculum, human resources, and other factors.
To volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.